I’ve been told I have very expressive eyes. But I’ve never made efforts to painstakingly accentuate them.
When it comes to styling the eyes, I’m very, very cautious. I’m not used to putting on too much color nor do I make it too obvious. Honestly, I try to mimic Korean or Japanese-inspired eye make up styles that tend to give off that innocent look.
But it’s never been easy. The good thing is, watching Asian films and K-dramas and movies have psyched me to get into the trend of the no-make up, minimalist look. For someone who’s always on the go, this is a must for me.
Since I’ve never been one to try to go overboard when it comes to eye makeup, I want to introduce to you the following awesome eye make up buddies I’ve had tried and tested. These have been regular mainstays in my kikay kit. It’s been very expedient for me wherever I go.
- Majolica Majorca’s Perfect Automatic Liner and Lash King—a perfect combo for that subtle Cleopatra-inspired look. I swear on this two eye make up candies—I really earn compliments whenever I wear them.
- K-Palette 1-Day Tattoo Lasting 2Way Eyebrow —I stumbled on this product when I was scouting for some facial wash at SM Makati. What I like about this award-winning Japanese eye make up brand is that it does live to its expectation. You get long-lasting and natural eyebrows in one day of applying it.
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner—is the perfect choice whenever you want an effortless, quick eye-do. Easy to apply and reapply. The perfect liner that makes a statement look you’re born with gorgeous eyes.
- Face Shop’s Lovely ME:EX Design My Eyebrow—when I don’t have a budget, I go for this durable product. The angled tip can easily help you draw straight lines so you can easily achieve that K-pop look. The best thing about this is that it works perfectly even when I haven’t groomed my eyebrows.
- Maybelline Brow Definist—I’m not sure if this is still available in the market. But if you’re looking for a great but super affordable brow kit, try finding this. This is superb for fixing those bald areas in my eyebrows.
- Garnier Light Brightening Eye Roll-On & Naturactor # 151—I find this duo the perfect pair in covering up my under-eye circles. It naturalizes my look, making my eye bags compliment my face instead of giving me that “panda” look. I used to put on Garnier’s eye roll-on every night before going to bed; later on I discovered that rolling on Garnier on my puffy eyes before dabbing Naturactor on it is the best way to achieve that natural bright-eyed look, effectively masking the restless night I had.
What about you? What’s your fave eye make up brand and style? Don’t hesitate to share. 🙂